Monday, January 31, 2022

5- Jenna K: The Show Must Go On

Freddie Mercury was a legend. The way he was able to influence and unite crowds of thousands of people all at once is something so rare and so incredible. Years after his death, millions of people around the world still listen to Queen on a daily basis. Their music is so impactful that just a few notes on the piano can lead anyone into singing every single word to Bohemian Rhapsody for six minutes straight. Although Brian May and Roger Taylor continue to maintain the band, along with their new lead singer Adam Lambert, it cannot be argued that Freddie Mercury was the heart and soul of Queen, and it would be an honor to see him perform one last time. Freddie Mercury tragically died thirteen years before I was born, so I never had the privilege of seeing him perform live. Now, more than three decades after his death, I still find myself searching up videos of his performances on Youtube. My favorite one is Queen’s 1985 LIVE AID concert, because Mercury’s stage presence is unlike any other artist I have ever seen before. His passion and love for performing can be felt through the screen, and his audience’s reaction to him is enough to show that his performances were truly enchanting. It’s amazing how Queen’s music has been able to live on through all these years with the help of their new lead singer and the dedication of the original band members. Freddie Mercury’s creations will undoubtedly continue to live on through his former bandmates and his loyal fans for years to come, but I can’t help but wonder what it would be like to see him sing his songs in real life, instead of through a video frozen in time. Word Count: 293

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenna! Just reading your blog on Freddie Mercury gave me chills. I connected with it because Queen has been one of my all-time favorite bands and they hold such a special place in my heart. In fact, I kind of remember us having a conversation about Queen and Freddie Mercury back in freshman year too! I too enjoy watching old videos of Queen’s concerts to admire the way Freddie Mercury interacts with his audience and makes each song come to life. I hope that even the next generation will come to appreciate Queen’s music and see the impact they've left on the world.

    ReplyDelete

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...