Friday, January 14, 2022

2-Preston K: I Am From Poem

I am From mountains From the trails and paths of the hill side I am from the sabbath From the late night readings and praise I am from the gates of the yark The hard and gruesome falls of comrades As we watch flashing lights coming to help I am from under the hood From holding flashlights to passing tools Sweat,grease,blood enriching me with Knowledge (knowledge is power) I am from the track From spikes digging deep From Feeling power transferred to Earth propelling me on and on I am from (one step backwards two stepsforward) From times of pain to times Of joy I am from the comets of cooper From start of kindergarten To the the final lunch as a 6th grader Watching the teachers smile I am from the late nights with my dad playing ducktales For hours with Ricecrispy treats in hand Form the loud laughs too frustrating levels never ever giving up I am from long car ride with my grandpa Grooving and moving to the blues and temptations From losing a fishing rod to catching my first fish As he preached (yes jack yes power to the people) I am from the ups and downs From bends and curves of all spectrums of life From sadness and happiness From love and hate
Word count 220
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...