Monday, January 24, 2022

4- Khaleah A: How being a military brat has lead me to re-adjust



The question that stood out to me for this week's blog was, ' Am I more like the same old, same old, or a change in pace.’

At first I was leaning toward the same old same old. I do consider myself to be introverted which often prevents me from taking risks and stepping out of my comfort zone. As I really thought about it, I came to the realization that at times I can be extremely indecisive and often like to change my mind. Growing up with a parent being in the military we were often moving or things were constantly changing. 

Growing up I would say I had more of an exciting childhood due to being affected by and even tagging along on my mom’s military stations,  job promotions, or social circumstances. Growing up as a military “brat” it's the lifestyle that you just learn to grow with. As I was younger I would always change my favorite color. You wouldn't catch me liking the same color for a week. I also loved changing my hair styles, which I still love doing today. Trying out different activities, such as volleyball, karate, soccer, tennis, basketball, and cheer, were always things I enjoyed doing. I also tend to get bored with the same things constantly so I like to change up my nail colors and try different styles. 


Therefore I'm more like a change in pace compared to the same old same old. It's more interesting that way.


Word count 251




2 comments:

  1. This blog post was so cool! I really respect kids who grew up with military parents, because moving around so much can be hard. I really like how it took you to realize that you were a "military brat", to realize that you are more with the change of pace. I also thought that by pointing out little changes you would make to things like favorite color, hairstyles, etc, was a really unique way to recognize that you are with the change of pace. Anyways, an amazing blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Khaleah!
    This post was so interesting to me. I love how you associate your constant need for change with the fact that your childhood was filled with change because you had a parent in the military. I think it's really cool how you called your childhood "exciting" because of all the change you experienced. I for one hate change, so I loved seeing a completely different perspective on the topic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...