Tuesday, January 25, 2022

4 - Ethan R - Service above Self

            In the past few years I’ve been really trying to toy with the idea of being selfless, what does it mean, how can I embrace it, and so I've been trying to do everything to really embrace this lesson. So I fond school leadership, and ever since it's taught me to give service above self. 

School leadership I thought was just gonna give me a shinny looking slot holder for my college resume but as I expanded on it in high school leadership, I'm in love with the concept, and it's helped me see my passions. It helped me see how i was made to help people, no matter the cost, to listen, to save, to heal. It is taken me to places like shelter homes giving out backpacks to the poor with our pack it up campaign, to working first hand helping kids with our WCW listens to project and being face to face being a shoulder to cry on for the kids who need it. 

I have spent hundreds of hours at the school in my own free time just trying to make a difference. I have risen through the ranks from an incoming learning freshman, to being the next in line to be ASB president and being ASBs youngest mom and, it's terrifying. Next year all of my selfless work and time ive devoted to this school will be put to the test when students, faculty, and teachers will be depending on me and ill have my own whole class to look over on top of being a student. I look to my mentor Rope and just wonder how he juggles it all or if ill is half as good as a leader. But it all takes hard work, dedication, and persistence even when the road feels like it is closing. 

Word count  303



No comments:

Post a Comment

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...