Monday, March 7, 2022

9: Samantha A- Wizards Of Waverly Place Supremacy

 Growing up, there were so many tv shows I watched. And I mean so many. However the first one that came to mind was Wizards of Waverly Place, shown on Disney Channel. Honestly I grew up with Disney Channel shows, so I could probably talk about any of them, but Wizards is just one of those shows that holds such a special place in my heart, and one of the most unique ones as well. I mean a family of Wizards that own a sub shop? That’s amazing! I also appreciate how ironically hilarious the show was. Alex Russo played by Selena Gomez had just the most amazing sense of sarcastic humor towards her brothers, and even a little bit towards her best friend Harper Finkle, who I absolutely adore as a character. In fact I think every character is amazing, and there’s not a single person I dislike. Each character has their own charisma that’s just hard to come by and I think they each bring something different to the show. 


Another reason the show is one of my favorites is because of the lifestyle this family is portraying. The mother is human, the father was a wizard, and the kids are all wizards, yet they all live normally. The kids specifically practice magic and spells, taught by their father, but are never encouraged/allowed to use them in real life. I think this is so interesting of a plot, because each episode is based around each of their kids (mainly Alex) getting in trouble for using magic, and then having Justin (brother) and Jerry (father) clean it up. Like all sitcoms, there’s usually a lesson involved at the end, but with Wizards it just feels like a lesson to the characters only, mainly because it has to do with magic. The main lesson always though, is to listen to your parents because they know what is best.


I just really enjoyed this show as a kid, and even now it’s so fun to watch, and see how young and vibrant each character was. Wizards of Waverly Place is by far my favorite Disney channel show. 


Word count: 357Wizards of Waverly Place (TV Series 2007–2012) - IMDb

3 comments:

  1. Hey Samantha! I was constantly watching the Disney channel too. I wasn't really a fan of Wizards of Waverly. My favorite show was Austin and Ally or Jessie.I absolutely loved the Disney channel. It was a huge part of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Samantha! I was so excited to see that you wrote about Wizards, because it was also my all time favorite show growing up. (I still watch it today way more than I probably should). It’s just a very comforting show that brings back a lot of amazing childhood memories. I like how you touched on the humor of the show, because I honestly think I find it funnier now as a 17 year old than I did a decade ago. I also loved all of the Disney channel shows (Good Luck Charlie was a close second) but Wizards will always be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i saw wizards of waverly place i knew i had to read this one, this was my whole childhood day and night watching the Rusos magical fun. Still to this day i think about the episodes and just the impact and character it instilled in me just like you. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...