Monday, February 28, 2022

8- Samantha A: Making Memories through Polaroid

 A core memory I’d like to share would be a fairly new one that I’ll always remember. It happened just last Wednesday when Yara and I went to Panera and then bought a polaroid and took pictures. Last Wednesday, we decided to go to lunch to initially do the extra credit “how to fall in love with anyone” questions (as friends). Not only did we go to Panera for the sole purpose of doing the assignment, but we also seemed to enjoy each other’s company and wanted to hang out. I consider this to be a core memory, because of how much fun we had mainly after lunch. Yara has been telling me how she wants to create a scrapbook of polaroid pictures over this summer from her upcoming Mexico trip, and so after Panera, we went to Best Buy to find a polaroid. We found the cutest light pink polaroid, and film to go with it. As soon as we bought it, we were both so ecstatic to open up the film and start taking pictures. As excited as we were to start taking the pictures we had some trouble getting to that point. At first we didn’t seem to know which way the batteries would go into the polaroid, and we even lost a battery for a minute. I find this maybe pointless part of the memory to be actually extremely funny and notable, because when I look back on the memory, the fact that we couldn’t figure out such a simple camera is just very funny to me. 


Once we figured out how to put the batteries + film in, we then sat in my car for a good 30 minutes, maybe even an hour  listening to music and taking pictures laughing and admiring each picture that came out of the polaroid. We even went through almost a whole pack of film, leaving two left, because we both wanted to keep pictures for ourselves. I personally love polaroids, and I even own one, so I think when you buy a polaroid it’s so important that your first polaroid tells a story and makes you remember the background of that picture. I hope that for Yara when she looks back at the pictures we took she can successfully say “that was the day I bought my camera, with Sammy.” This core simple memory is something that just in the past week, I’ve been thinking about and remembering how much fun we had.

Word Count: 413  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...