Monday, February 7, 2022

6- Jenna K: All Things Must Come to an End

When I was younger, I thought my childhood best friend would always be my best friend. For years we were inseparable, and I couldn’t imagine life without her. But people change, children grow up, and paths diverge. We were fortunate enough to be able to go to Disneyland together multiple times over the years, and we always looked forward to riding the Matterhorn together because it was one of our favorite rides. I didn’t know it at the time, but our friendship would be coming to a close soon after our final trip to Disneyland. The final day of our trip, we made it our goal to ride the Matterhorn one last time. As we approached the mountain, we could see the line of people waiting to get on the ride, and it seemed like that line would never end. It was over 90 minutes long, but we were determined. We stood in that line for over an hour, talking, laughing, people- watching, eating snacks, and taking turns holding our place in line when one of us ventured to the Alice in Wonderland bathrooms nearby. Although we spent a very long time standing in the line and slowly advancing to our destination, I don’t remember ever feeling bored. I was just happy to be in my favorite place with my favorite person. Obviously the ride was a fun experience in the moment, but looking back, I don’t have any memory of it. The part I do remember was the 90 minutes I spent in that line with my best friend. Just like the line eventually ended, the friendship did as well, but I will always cherish the memories like these that we shared together. Word Count: 284

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenna
    I find your post relatable, the journey is sometimes more memorable than the destination. It's mature of you to cherish the good times with your childhood best friend when you two aren't on the same path anymore. Some people would loathe anyone they don't associate with anymore and despise them when they simply grew apart. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...