Tuesday, April 26, 2022

15-PrestonK: meet at ARC

 Week15

Track at ARC





This spring break I got the opportunity to go run at the meet of champions at ARC. I got to for the first time in years really see the Track and field world. I got to see new meet records broken by 11th graders and crazy fast times set in the 100 like a 10.78 which is stupid fast. What makes this meet isn't just what I got to see but what I felt. Going and running and being among some of the best in our area really made me understand and realize the track and field life is for me. The competitiveness and joy I get from running is one thing but getting to be around others that have the same passion and drive as me is great. 

I got to see more hurdlers than ever before. Every event was full of a lot of fast runners all fighting for a top spot and that glory of the fastest time. You could overhear people bonding purely of the fact that they run the same event and they are both nervous.

Before my race in the 300 Hurdles I got to see and hear conversation playout in front of me. Going in the race I had the slowest time with a 44.6 and nobody knew. Everyone else was running 43 to 42 seconds so I knew I had to step my game up. While trying to focus I got to hear the two fastest in the 300 hurdles talking. After hearing them talk and say “ i don't know if i even want to continue this' ' it made me ask myself do i really want to be here and run ever? Well I got my answer the moment the gun went off. Even Though i had the slowest time in my heat by a large margin I ran with the fastest of my heat coming in at 3rd and a new pr of 42.85. In doing so I became the fastest hurdler in my league and showed a lot of things I can improve upon for my senior year so a college could want me. Track is the sport I know I love and will continue to do. Even though I dread going to practice and knowing i'm about to get worked hard i still love the sport. 


1 comment:

  1. Great job on making and competing in the meet of champions, you work so hard and dedicate so much work, and I'm so glad it paid off for you. The experience sounds amazing and it gave you an opportunity and see more things than usual like 300 hurdles dang thats a lot. Good job and great post

    ReplyDelete

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...