Tuesday, April 5, 2022

13-Nigel R: How Should Kids be Disciplined?

How parents discipline their children has been a controversial topic for a while now. Some people feel like physical discipline is okay while others think it isn’t. Personally, I think it depends on the situation on how kids should be disciplined when getting in trouble.


When kids are younger I feel like it’s okay to spank them. When they’re young this shows them what they’re doing is wrong and makes them not want to do it again.   This used to happen to me when I was younger and it made me behave pretty well because I didn’t like getting in trouble after that.  


When kids get older I feel like they should get grounded. When older kids get grounded they usually get their electronics taken away and can’t go out for a while. When teens get their electronics taken away they can’t text or call their friends and they can’t play video games which is something that most teens do. When they can’t go out they feel like they have nothing to do because they already have everything taken away from them. This will make them regret their actions and not want to get in trouble anymore.


I also think that it depends on the kid's behavior. If the kid has good behavior I feel like they should have less strict punishments and shorter lengths of their punishments. If the kid has bad behavior I feel like they should have more strict punishments.


The thing about discipline is as kids we don’t understand why we have to get punished until one day we have kids of our own and then it makes sense. There are many different methods of discipline but, I think it mostly depends on the kid's age and behavior.

Word Count:292



No comments:

Post a Comment

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...