Monday, April 11, 2022

14-Preston K: what a concussion is nlike

  What a concussion is like




When I was younger, I used to love going out and riding bikes, scooters, and messing around with friends all the time. When going out and messing around with friends we would get the bright ideas such as who can jump the highest or who can clear a fat gap in the creek. Well, if there was anything i leaned from dumb ideas, it would be what experiencing a concussion is like.  


We were all racing down cemetery hill on our bikes with our eyes closed. Yea, Yea not a smart idea who cares right back to the story. I don't know if I was in the lead or not because my eyes were closed. I felt my front tire get unstable, so I opened my eyes super-fast to fix myself, but it was too late. My front wheel turned and flipped me over the bars making me rag doll into the straight hitting my head multiple times. Later to find out after I got home and told my mom I got inspected and it turns out closing your eyes going down a hill on your bike equals a concussion.


Having a concussion light makes you very irritated. Not like a pain but it's aggravating unlike usual. Along with light being aggravating you feel sleepy and dumb. Normal functions like doing homework or even playing video games become slower in a sense. It's like you are constantly fatigued but not sleepy. The worst part is sleep I would like to believe though. You fall asleep but wake up sweating a lot like you have just run a marathon. 


Unfortunately, I closed my eyes on a hill the last time I had gotten a concussion. The second time I was playing football and got Rocked from the side. When I returned home the symptoms were worse than the first one. I was constantly hungry and oddly sleepy unlike the first one. Due to me feeling sleepy my mom said I couldn't go to sleep in case it was something bad. So, I had to take a week off and wear glasses when it was sunny out so my head wouldn't be killing me. 


Words 363


No comments:

Post a Comment

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...