Monday, April 4, 2022

13- Preston K: dream of auto tech

Dream of Auto tech


Cars, Personally I love cars. By cars I don't mean a “car” I mean every component from fuel injection to bushings of suspension arms. At will c wood the auto shop elective every day I get to be around and and work on the things I love. 

Last week in the auto shop due to the 2-hour time schedule we had in the class I got the opportunity to do a big job on an old army vets' car. It needed a new alternator, and 2 belts one on the main serpentine and one for the pumps and alternators. Just having to work and figure out how to do what needs to be done to the car presented me with such joy. Knowing I fixed his car completely and he wouldn't have to work about any more problems along with gaining experience. 


With the experience and knowledge, I gain every day in that elective class to become closer and closer to my dream car, goals, and dreams. Working in an auto shop I gain access to the lifts that normal people don't have access to and when I need to do major upgrades for my car to prepare it for time attack racing. I plan on working all summer to save and complete my car in converting it to a time attack car. With all the knowledge and resources, I gain from the auto shop I become closer and closer to achieving that goal. 


In the future I would love to work at a professional speed shop building professional level cars and owning one myself. Working in an auto shop gives me the early experience that is needed to rocket you into the car world of building and fabricating for speed shops. Overall, the auto shop is definitely my favorite class at wood.

Words 304


3 comments:

  1. Wow! This was a great post! As someone who knows almost nothing about cars, this post gave me some great insight as to how much there is to a car, and how much work can be put into cars. I think that's really amazing how much passion you have for cars, and the auto shop elective at wood. It can be inspiring when you're surrounded by you're passion almost everyday. I hope you're able to save up for the changes you want to make in your car soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey preston amazing post this week, i love how you can perfectly descript your passion into words. I know cars is a huge part of your life and suits you so perfectly hearing you in the halls talking about component of a car, just makes this post make so much sense good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Preston,

    I think that your passion is really interesting. I am not in auto shop but I am sure it feels a lot like my robotics class, which is right next door. I have always wanted to own a car myself, which I am closer to doing now, and this post made me think a lot about why that matters to me. It makes me realize how we can find ourselves in finding our own cars and improving on them.

    ReplyDelete

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...