Sunday, April 10, 2022

14 - Samantha A: My Ideal "Sweet 16"

 


Birthdays are filled with fun and excitement. There’s nothing better than a day devoted to you, where you can choose whatever you want. Over the past 17 years of my life I’ve had many fun birthday memories, but one that was extremely memorable for me was my 16th. Last year we were online for school, and my birthday happened to fall on our spring break. It was so fun because I had the whole day to do whatever. My cousin came down from San Diego to visit me, and we spent the whole week watching Twilight and eating junk food.


 On my birthday specifically though, I remember we went shopping and she even got me a book that is one of my favorites now. Later in the evening we went to San Francisco and ate at the cheesecake factory with the rest of my family. I remember ordering the cheesiest penne pasta, and not being able to finish it because it was too much. My dad then decided to order 7 DIFFERENT cheesecake slices for each of us, and I thought it was so funny because he was just ordering random ones without even knowing if they were on the menu (thankfully they were). After dinner we drove home, and my sister made me a red velvet cake which is my favorite type of cake ever. No one else in my family likes red velvet, so I didn’t have to worry about there being none left. Usually when people celebrate their 16th they’ll have a huge “Sweet 16”, but I liked this birthday celebration even more, because of the way I spent with just my family. I also got great sentimental gifts, like the Twilight series after having just watched all the movies. I spent the entire summer reading those books, and I often think of my 16th birthday when I look at them. 

word count: 314 

No comments:

Post a Comment

15- AshleyM: Sleepless emotions

  As screens take our daily lives , they also take our resting nights. The daily scroll through social media and endless tiktoks that make u...